As our lead Compliance and IP Manager you will be a key part in protecting Evoy’s intellectual property and ensuring that our systems perform according to both regulations and customer expectations.
Evoy designs develop and deliver world-leading powerful electric motor systems for boats in the commercial and leisure market. Our leading technology and high-performance product continue to reinforce and build a strong identity and brand that has a significant appeal in the international market.
We are proud to be a spearheading global leader offering the most powerful electric motor systems for boats. Being a significant contributor and driving force behind the electric boat revolution all our employees will experience the pleasure of surfing the green wave as we accelerate towards the future of emission-free boating.
The position will report to the CTO.
Deadline May 22, 2022
What is Expected
- Research, interpret, summarize, monitor, and organize consumer product-related patent and potentially other IP and compliance issues and policies related to our existing products and new ideas.
- Grow and manage company patent portfolio and potentially grow and manage company trademark and copyright portfolio.
- Identify intellectual property risks and respond to intellectual property inquiries.
- Work with our Product Development, Marketing, and Legal teams to update products in market and in development as necessary to minimize risk and respect the rights of others.
- Build and maintain a library of intellectual property related research and approved/rejected products.
- Assist and take lead on product compliance process (including marine type approvals, UI, CSA certification, EU Directives (ex. EMC, Battery Directives, RoHS, LVD, etc).
- Communicate product changes with class/regulatory groups.
- Stay current with various regulatory and safety standards.
- Maintain test and certification records and organize the class submission documents for product type approval.
- Advise on environmental, mechanical, and electrical requirements for new products.
- Work closely with the system test engineering team to ensure tests and reports will meet the needs of compliance.
- Develop product requirements based on class and regulatory rules.
What do you bring to Evoy?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum 7 years research and compliance experience
- eCommerce and consumer product experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently and accurately in fast-paced environment
- Flexible and able to adapt positively to shifting demands
- Able to handle tight deadlines and multiple, detailed tasks
- A collaborative mindset and strong drive to solve problems alongside team members
- The drive, confidence and adaptability needed to succeed in a fast-growing international company.
What does Evoy offer you?
- Opportunity to participate in the development of world-leading ocean technology for the blue shift
- 100% permanent position. Options in the company.
- An open contributing work environment. Enthusiastic, creative, committed colleagues.
- Head office and production facilities are in Florø, Norway.
- A flexible working day with varied tasks
- Good follow-up and good development opportunities both professionally and personally.
- The right candidate will be able to grow with the company and influence their own work frame and direction.