The Development Manager is responsible for multiple products, and in general, act in the lead role on projects covering those products. Where a product or project has a Development Lead in place, then the Development Manager will still have overall responsibility for the product.
- Responsibility includes working with the Product team to inform the direction of the product; leading project work; provide project timelines; provide visibility of progress and supporting released versions of the product.
- The Development Manager has line management responsibility for number of developers and possibly development leads. So, this responsibility includes setting individuals’ objectives; helping them achieve their objectives, where applicable helping with career planning and training etc.
- This individual participates in the design of future products as well as define and drive the ongoing maturity of the development methodology and practices.
- This person is team and goal oriented; with a drive for maintaining a strong team spirit and a hands-on approach
- Engage with product management and generate documentation as specified by the business' development process.
- Engage with Product management to understand functional and business requirements
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Ensure all team deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines.
- Participate in product and architecture development and design.
- Engage with program / project manager to produce project timelines
- Provide feedback and status of development
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule.
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule.
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery.
- Manage and mentor developers of different levels to help both their career goals and personal development objectives.
- Own the Performance Review process for direct reports.
- Own and seek to improve the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, motivating and retention of the team.
- Champion and demonstrate the Hansen culture and values
- Application Development
- Analyzing Data
- Business Acumen
- Communicating Effectively
- Championing Customer Needs
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking
- Agile Methodologies
- Displaying Creativity
- MS Office – Excel, Word, PPT
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Presentation Skills
- Leading Others in Change
- Problem Solving
Why you will enjoy the experience as much as we do:
We offer you professionally challenging opportunities in a dynamic industry with excellent career opportunities in a growing global company. We will introduce you to a team of highly skilled colleagues from whom you can learn both locally and globally.
If we sparked your interest, please press the Apply button as soon as possible and let's get to know each other! We are interviewing the candidates on an ongoing basis.
Please apply for this exciting role and do so only if you have a legal right to work in Norway.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head Of Department, Financial Modules, Morten Nybakk-Nilsen,+47 40 21 91 76 : E: email@example.com OR Talent Acquisition Partner in Norway Adeel Abbasi at E:firstname.lastname@example.org #ph:40 95 25 26